In a new YouTube video posted Thursday, a Taylor Swift fan parodies Swift’s ongoing disagreement with Kanye West and Kim Kardashian West.
Since Kardashian West posted the recording, which appeared to show West consulting Swift about lyrics referencing the singer, the video and its general ownership of the Internet has been catnip for late night comedians. But even though Serena Palmer’s low-budget take only has 45 views so far, she has arguably masterminded the most ambitious satire using only her sweet singing voice, an electronic keyboard and an intimate knowledge of the great American BFF’s songbook.
She soundtracks all of the events in a video that might be a healthy way to heal from the fallout and ease into the weekend. In her version of “Bad Blood,” she sings “my career has got problems, my publicist tries to solve them.” Palmer’s more specific for her take on “Blank Space,” singing, “thought my career was forever, now it’s going to down in flames, Kim K said it’s over, when she released those tapes, got a long list of new haters that tell you ‘I’m so fake,’ but they’re part of my squad, aren’t they?”
Palmer’s not all about riding against Swift though. In the song’s description, Palmer notes she will be “always be a Taylor Swift fan.” Watch below.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.