In a new YouTube video posted Thursday, a Taylor Swift fan parodies Swift’s ongoing disagreement with Kanye West and Kim Kardashian West.
Since Kardashian West posted the recording, which appeared to show West consulting Swift about lyrics referencing the singer, the video and its general ownership of the Internet has been catnip for late night comedians. But even though Serena Palmer’s low-budget take only has 45 views so far, she has arguably masterminded the most ambitious satire using only her sweet singing voice, an electronic keyboard and an intimate knowledge of the great American BFF’s songbook.
She soundtracks all of the events in a video that might be a healthy way to heal from the fallout and ease into the weekend. In her version of “Bad Blood,” she sings “my career has got problems, my publicist tries to solve them.” Palmer’s more specific for her take on “Blank Space,” singing, “thought my career was forever, now it’s going to down in flames, Kim K said it’s over, when she released those tapes, got a long list of new haters that tell you ‘I’m so fake,’ but they’re part of my squad, aren’t they?”
Palmer’s not all about riding against Swift though. In the song’s description, Palmer notes she will be “always be a Taylor Swift fan.” Watch below.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time