The 2016 MTV Video Music Awards nominations arrive today, promising an exciting showdown after a year of refueled feuding between Taylor Swift and Kanye West and Beyoncé surprise-releasing new music yet again.
MTV will announce the nominations Tuesday at 2 p.m. E.T. The 33rd annual Video Music Awards will air Aug. 28 live from Madison Square Garden, marking the ceremony’s first-ever appearance at the New York City arena.
Miley Cyrus hosted the 2015 VMAs, which took place at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. The evening included several notable moments, with Kanye West dancing to The Weeknd’s “Can’t Feel My Face” and declaring he would run for president, Swift and Nicki Minaj burying their bad blood and Cyrus’ announcing that she had dropped a surprise album.
Watch the announcement above.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive