The 2016 MTV Video Music Awards nominations arrive today, promising an exciting showdown after a year of refueled feuding between Taylor Swift and Kanye West and Beyoncé surprise-releasing new music yet again.
MTV will announce the nominations Tuesday at 2 p.m. E.T. The 33rd annual Video Music Awards will air Aug. 28 live from Madison Square Garden, marking the ceremony’s first-ever appearance at the New York City arena.
Miley Cyrus hosted the 2015 VMAs, which took place at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. The evening included several notable moments, with Kanye West dancing to The Weeknd’s “Can’t Feel My Face” and declaring he would run for president, Swift and Nicki Minaj burying their bad blood and Cyrus’ announcing that she had dropped a surprise album.
Watch the announcement above.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve