The State Department issued a security warning to U.S. citizens in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Thursday, after having learned that there is a “potential, imminent threat” of attack.
The Bureau of Consular Affairs issued warning over Twitter, where it urged citizens in Jeddah to “exercise caution.”
“All U.S. citizens are encouraged to be aware of their surroundings, and take extra precautions when travelling throughout the country,” the statement said. Read the rest of the text below.
Earlier this month, a suicide bomber carried out an attack near the U.S. consulate in Jeddah.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases