Donald Trump’s failed attempt to kiss his running mate on the forehead at the Republican convention has lit up the Internet.
The awkward moment, perhaps due to a collision of New York City social conventions and typical Midwestern reserve, started when Trump went for a handshake with vice presidential nominee Mike Pence. Trump then moved in for a friendly kiss on Pence’s forehead, but the Indiana Governor turned away at that exact moment, resulting in the dreaded air kiss.
Still, Trump remained cool, settling instead for his signature pointing move and giving Pence a thumb’s up.
Online, people are obsessed with the moment, comparing it to a Harry Potter power exchange.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction