Michael Moore feels Donald Trump will become the next President of the United States.
“I think Trump is going to win. I’m sorry,” the Oscar-winning filmmaker said on Wednesday’s live episode of Real Time With Bill Maher. As the crowd booed his comments, host Bill Maher said Moore was doing the right thing by speaking out.
“Boo if you want. The enemy is complacency,” Maher said.
According to Moore, Trump’s best chance at winning the general election lies in Middle America. “I live in Michigan. Let me tell you: it’s going to be the Brexit strategy,” Moore said, before comparing the middle of England to Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. “Mitt Romney lost by 64 electoral votes,” Moore said. “The total electoral votes of those four states in the Rust Belt: 64.”
Moore has commented on Trump many times before, calling him a fascist in an interview with The Guardian earlier this year and also standing outside Trump Tower in New York with a sign that read “We are all Muslim.” (Trump previously said he would ban Muslim immigrants from entering the United States were he elected president.) Moore and Maher also discussed Trump in an interview back in May, when the pair decided they would team up to stop Trump’s White House run.
Watch Moore discuss Trump below.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.