Michael Moore feels Donald Trump will become the next President of the United States.
“I think Trump is going to win. I’m sorry,” the Oscar-winning filmmaker said on Wednesday’s live episode of Real Time With Bill Maher. As the crowd booed his comments, host Bill Maher said Moore was doing the right thing by speaking out.
“Boo if you want. The enemy is complacency,” Maher said.
According to Moore, Trump’s best chance at winning the general election lies in Middle America. “I live in Michigan. Let me tell you: it’s going to be the Brexit strategy,” Moore said, before comparing the middle of England to Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. “Mitt Romney lost by 64 electoral votes,” Moore said. “The total electoral votes of those four states in the Rust Belt: 64.”
Moore has commented on Trump many times before, calling him a fascist in an interview with The Guardian earlier this year and also standing outside Trump Tower in New York with a sign that read “We are all Muslim.” (Trump previously said he would ban Muslim immigrants from entering the United States were he elected president.) Moore and Maher also discussed Trump in an interview back in May, when the pair decided they would team up to stop Trump’s White House run.
Watch Moore discuss Trump below.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive