Michael Moore feels Donald Trump will become the next President of the United States.
“I think Trump is going to win. I’m sorry,” the Oscar-winning filmmaker said on Wednesday’s live episode of Real Time With Bill Maher. As the crowd booed his comments, host Bill Maher said Moore was doing the right thing by speaking out.
“Boo if you want. The enemy is complacency,” Maher said.
According to Moore, Trump’s best chance at winning the general election lies in Middle America. “I live in Michigan. Let me tell you: it’s going to be the Brexit strategy,” Moore said, before comparing the middle of England to Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. “Mitt Romney lost by 64 electoral votes,” Moore said. “The total electoral votes of those four states in the Rust Belt: 64.”
Moore has commented on Trump many times before, calling him a fascist in an interview with The Guardian earlier this year and also standing outside Trump Tower in New York with a sign that read “We are all Muslim.” (Trump previously said he would ban Muslim immigrants from entering the United States were he elected president.) Moore and Maher also discussed Trump in an interview back in May, when the pair decided they would team up to stop Trump’s White House run.
Watch Moore discuss Trump below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org