Prince Harry took an HIV blood test live on the British royal family’s Facebook page to raise awareness about how easy it is to get checked.
Google’s new professional emojis are bucking stereotypes, offering male and female depictions of chefs, teachers, computer engineers and more.
A couple got married on one of the world’s tallest roller coasters at a North Carolina amusement park, which was also the site of their first date.
There’s a pop-up Museum of Ice Cream opening in New York City; its exhibits include a “swimmable rainbow sprinkle pool” (above) and an “immersive chocolate room.”
Ariana Grande and Jimmy Fallon did a duet of her new single, “Into You,” over Snapchat.
Stephen Colbert crashed the stage at the Republican National Convention dressed as Caesar Flickerman, the eccentric host from The Hunger Games.
Time’s weekly take on what popped in culture
A British theater producer called out apparent Game of Thrones fans for eating McDonald’s during a performance of Kit Harington’s West End play, Doctor Faustus.
To celebrate National Hot Dog Day (July 23), Hebrew National created a $200 “haute dog” with toppings such as edible gold flakes and truffles.
Domino’s India introduced a “burger pizza” that sandwiches cheese and pizza ingredients between two bun-like crusts.
Fans were outraged after Marvel Comics decided to kill off Bruce Banner, the human alter ego of the Hulk, in a recent comic release.
Two men fell from a San Diego cliff while playing Pokémon Go; thankfully, they survived.
Police arrested a New Jersey woman over more than $16,000 in unpaid tolls.
This appears in the August 01, 2016 issue of TIME.
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases