Texas Sen. Ted Cruz gave a lengthy speech to the Republican national convention Wednesday night, hitting Hillary Clinton and talking about conservative principles while failing to endorse nominee Donald Trump.
“I want to congratulate Donald Trump on winning the nomination last night,” Cruz said in his only reference to his former rival in the Republican primary.
As Cruz neared the end of his speech, he was booed by the crowd, with some shouting “Say his name!” and “Go home!”
Read a transcript of Cruz’s remarks as delivered.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears