Texas Sen. Ted Cruz gave a lengthy speech to the Republican national convention Wednesday night, hitting Hillary Clinton and talking about conservative principles while failing to endorse nominee Donald Trump.
“I want to congratulate Donald Trump on winning the nomination last night,” Cruz said in his only reference to his former rival in the Republican primary.
As Cruz neared the end of his speech, he was booed by the crowd, with some shouting “Say his name!” and “Go home!”
Read a transcript of Cruz’s remarks as delivered.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time