Texas Sen. Ted Cruz gave a lengthy speech to the Republican national convention Wednesday night, hitting Hillary Clinton and talking about conservative principles while failing to endorse nominee Donald Trump.
“I want to congratulate Donald Trump on winning the nomination last night,” Cruz said in his only reference to his former rival in the Republican primary.
As Cruz neared the end of his speech, he was booed by the crowd, with some shouting “Say his name!” and “Go home!”
Read a transcript of Cruz’s remarks as delivered.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms