Texas Sen. Ted Cruz gave a lengthy speech to the Republican national convention Wednesday night, hitting Hillary Clinton and talking about conservative principles while failing to endorse nominee Donald Trump.
“I want to congratulate Donald Trump on winning the nomination last night,” Cruz said in his only reference to his former rival in the Republican primary.
As Cruz neared the end of his speech, he was booed by the crowd, with some shouting “Say his name!” and “Go home!”
Read a transcript of Cruz’s remarks as delivered.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases