Rihanna dedicated her song “Diamonds” to the victims of the Nice attack during a concert in Lyon, France Tuesday.
“This next song, I’m going to dedicate to the people in Nice who have suffered, the people who have been traumatized, the victims and their families,” she told the audience. “I want you to help me light this building up with some light.” The singer asked the audience to use “beautiful flash lights, cell phones, and lighters,” to illuminate the show in honor of the international victims, and during the song, the crowd lit up with the glow of countless cell phones.
Watch the performance and footage of the glittering crowd below.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now