Donald Trump Jr. said his father would “put Americans first” and develop an economy that works for all Americans citing his experience working with the Republican nominee.
Speaking at the Republican national convention Tuesday, Trump’s son argued that his father thrives whenever he’s told his dreams are impossible.
“I’ve seen it time and time again, that look in his eyes when someone says it can’t be done,” he said. “I saw that look a little over a year ago when he was told he couldn’t possibly succeed in politics. Yes, he did.”
Trump Jr. has been a close adviser for his father throughout the campaign. In his speech, Trump Jr. described the presidential candidates as “a President” with various anecdotes to contrast his father with Clinton.
Read Trump’s remarks as delivered:
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time