Donald Trump Jr. said his father would “put Americans first” and develop an economy that works for all Americans citing his experience working with the Republican nominee.
Speaking at the Republican national convention Tuesday, Trump’s son argued that his father thrives whenever he’s told his dreams are impossible.
“I’ve seen it time and time again, that look in his eyes when someone says it can’t be done,” he said. “I saw that look a little over a year ago when he was told he couldn’t possibly succeed in politics. Yes, he did.”
Read More: Meet the Trump Son Speaking at the Convention Tuesday
Trump Jr. has been a close adviser for his father throughout the campaign. In his speech, Trump Jr. described the presidential candidates as “a President” with various anecdotes to contrast his father with Clinton.
Read Trump’s remarks as delivered:
Read More: Donald Trump Jr. Speechwriter Says There Was No Plagiarism
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief