Joe Raedle—Getty Images
Aaron P. Bernstein—Getty Images
Scott Eisen—Getty Images
Few political figures have as expressive body language as Donald Trump.
Whether it’s shrugging his shoulders or grimacing at his rivals, the presumptive Republican nominee uses his entire body to make a point.
And sometimes, he just points. In particular, Trump has a habit of cocking his thumb and index finger like a boy with a pretend gun and pointing at his close friends and allies.
The unspoken message might be translated loosely as: “This guy, amirite?”
Trump even made the gesture while introducing his wife, Melania, before her keynote speech at the Republican national convention on Monday night.
Here are some photos of Trump pointing at his friends.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement