With the tagline, “Fans v Batman v Superman v critics v other fans v executives v Zack Snyder v expectations,” the team over at Screen Junkies gives a perfect summary of why many felt Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was disappointing.
In its new honest trailer, the YouTube channel reviews DC Comics’ latest response to Marvel’s successful Avengers franchise, noting that it left audiences with “a cool new Batman movie trapped inside a boring, convoluted Superman sequel trapped inside whatever cartoon Lex Luther is from.”
And don’t worry, the narrator also talks about that lackluster fight scene. “You’ve been waiting since you were a kid to see these two icons go toe to toe,” he says. “Well, keep waiting for two f—king hours — through boring congressional hearings, so much journalism and a semester’s worth of intro to philosophy lectures — to finally get the awesome fight you were promised in the title that ends after just eight minutes because their moms have the same name.”
Watch the full trailer below.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body