Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani gave an energetic speech at the Republican convention Monday, arguing that Donald Trump would make America safer.
Speaking as a friend of Trump’s for many years, Giuliani said that the real estate mogul had helped out without taking credit.
“This is a man with a big heart,” he said. “Every time New York City suffered a tragedy, Donald Trump was there to help. And he did it anonymously.”
He also drew a parallel with his own efforts as mayor to Trump’s proposals.
“It’s time to make America one again,” he said. “I know it can be done because I did it by changing New York City from “the crime capital of America” to according to the FBI the safest large city in America. What I did for New York City, Donald Trump will do for America.”
Read Giuliani’s remarks, as prepared for delivery:
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy