Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani gave an energetic speech at the Republican convention Monday, arguing that Donald Trump would make America safer.
Speaking as a friend of Trump’s for many years, Giuliani said that the real estate mogul had helped out without taking credit.
“This is a man with a big heart,” he said. “Every time New York City suffered a tragedy, Donald Trump was there to help. And he did it anonymously.”
He also drew a parallel with his own efforts as mayor to Trump’s proposals.
“It’s time to make America one again,” he said. “I know it can be done because I did it by changing New York City from “the crime capital of America” to according to the FBI the safest large city in America. What I did for New York City, Donald Trump will do for America.”
Read Giuliani’s remarks, as prepared for delivery:
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out