Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani gave an energetic speech at the Republican convention Monday, arguing that Donald Trump would make America safer.
Speaking as a friend of Trump’s for many years, Giuliani said that the real estate mogul had helped out without taking credit.
“This is a man with a big heart,” he said. “Every time New York City suffered a tragedy, Donald Trump was there to help. And he did it anonymously.”
He also drew a parallel with his own efforts as mayor to Trump’s proposals.
“It’s time to make America one again,” he said. “I know it can be done because I did it by changing New York City from “the crime capital of America” to according to the FBI the safest large city in America. What I did for New York City, Donald Trump will do for America.”
Read Giuliani’s remarks, as prepared for delivery:
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow