Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani gave an energetic speech at the Republican convention Monday, arguing that Donald Trump would make America safer.
Speaking as a friend of Trump’s for many years, Giuliani said that the real estate mogul had helped out without taking credit.
“This is a man with a big heart,” he said. “Every time New York City suffered a tragedy, Donald Trump was there to help. And he did it anonymously.”
He also drew a parallel with his own efforts as mayor to Trump’s proposals.
“It’s time to make America one again,” he said. “I know it can be done because I did it by changing New York City from “the crime capital of America” to according to the FBI the safest large city in America. What I did for New York City, Donald Trump will do for America.”
Read Giuliani’s remarks, as prepared for delivery:
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases