The floor of the Quicken Loans Arena is packed with Republican delegates here in Cleveland as the first day of the Republican National Convention kicks off. And more than a few of them have their smartphones out to commemorate the occasion.
To get a bird’s-eye view of the proceedings, we are analyzing in real-time 900 Twitter accounts, using IBM’s Watson technology, to gauge the emotion of every tweet the delegates send. The following tools visualize the overall mood of the tweeting delegates over the last two hours and updates automatically.
We manually confirmed the Twitter handles of each delegate in the database, erring on the side of not including any account that didn’t plainly belong to the correct person. Are you a delegate who wants to make sure we’ve got your handle? Email email@example.com. Only public accounts are followed.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time