The Late Show host, in a video posted on YouTube, can be seen dressed as fictional Hunger Games host Caesar Flickerman as he stands before a podium “to hereby launch and begin the 2016 Republican hungry for power games.” It’s not clear whether Colbert was sanctioned to film a skit at the event, or if he was genuinely invading the stage.
Wearing a blue wig, he banged a gavel before a man resembling a security official arrived to escort him off the stage.
“I know I’m not supposed to be up here,” Colbert can be heard saying, “but let’s be honest, neither is Donald Trump.”
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive