The Late Show host, in a video posted on YouTube, can be seen dressed as fictional Hunger Games host Caesar Flickerman as he stands before a podium “to hereby launch and begin the 2016 Republican hungry for power games.” It’s not clear whether Colbert was sanctioned to film a skit at the event, or if he was genuinely invading the stage.
Wearing a blue wig, he banged a gavel before a man resembling a security official arrived to escort him off the stage.
“I know I’m not supposed to be up here,” Colbert can be heard saying, “but let’s be honest, neither is Donald Trump.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time