Rio de Janeiro’s mayor really wants Pokémon Go to come to Brazil before the Olympic games.
In a Facebook post, Mayor Eduardo Paes pleaded with Nintendo to launch the app in the 2016 Olympics host city before the games begin.
According to Facebook, the post translates to “Hello, Nintendo! 23 days to go to the Olympics Rio 2016. The whole world is coming here. Come too!#Cidadeolímpica #rio2016#pokemongonobrasil”
Pokémon Go has rapidly spread its way across the United States, but it has yet to make its way down to Brazil, according to NBC Sports. The game is still limited in other countries, though it launched in Germany on Wednesday.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction