Rio de Janeiro’s mayor really wants Pokémon Go to come to Brazil before the Olympic games.
In a Facebook post, Mayor Eduardo Paes pleaded with Nintendo to launch the app in the 2016 Olympics host city before the games begin.
According to Facebook, the post translates to “Hello, Nintendo! 23 days to go to the Olympics Rio 2016. The whole world is coming here. Come too!#Cidadeolímpica #rio2016#pokemongonobrasil”
Pokémon Go has rapidly spread its way across the United States, but it has yet to make its way down to Brazil, according to NBC Sports. The game is still limited in other countries, though it launched in Germany on Wednesday.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time