Rio de Janeiro’s mayor really wants Pokémon Go to come to Brazil before the Olympic games.
In a Facebook post, Mayor Eduardo Paes pleaded with Nintendo to launch the app in the 2016 Olympics host city before the games begin.
According to Facebook, the post translates to “Hello, Nintendo! 23 days to go to the Olympics Rio 2016. The whole world is coming here. Come too!#Cidadeolímpica #rio2016#pokemongonobrasil”
Pokémon Go has rapidly spread its way across the United States, but it has yet to make its way down to Brazil, according to NBC Sports. The game is still limited in other countries, though it launched in Germany on Wednesday.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate