Rio de Janeiro’s mayor really wants Pokémon Go to come to Brazil before the Olympic games.
In a Facebook post, Mayor Eduardo Paes pleaded with Nintendo to launch the app in the 2016 Olympics host city before the games begin.
According to Facebook, the post translates to “Hello, Nintendo! 23 days to go to the Olympics Rio 2016. The whole world is coming here. Come too!#Cidadeolímpica #rio2016#pokemongonobrasil”
Pokémon Go has rapidly spread its way across the United States, but it has yet to make its way down to Brazil, according to NBC Sports. The game is still limited in other countries, though it launched in Germany on Wednesday.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization