Calvin Harris took to Twitter almost immediately after reports surfaced Wednesday that his ex-girlfriend Taylor Swift wrote his song with Rihanna, “This Is What You Came For,” under the pseudonym Nils Sjoberg.
The 32-year-old DJ began by praising Swift for her work on the track, tweeting, “And she sings on a little bit of it too…Amazing lyric writer and she smashed it as usual.”
But he quickly turned to criticizing the 1989 artist and her team for the way in which the announcement was made.
Harris then began to address Swift directly, alluding to her new relationship with actor Tom Hiddleston.
He even referenced the infamous alleged feud between Swift and fellow pop star Katy Perry. “I know you’re off tour and you need someone new to try and bury like Katy ETC but I’m not that guy, sorry,” he wrote. “I won’t allow it.”
However, he wrapped his rant up on a more positive note.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.