After 58 years of marriage one San Antonio, Texas couple died side by side while holding hands, according to KTLA.
“I just can’t believe something like this would ever happen, you hear this on the movies … like The Notebook,” the couple’s daughter Corina Martinez said.
George and Ora Lee Rodriguez reportedly met in San Antonio when George was working as a butcher at a local meat market.
High school sweethearts, the pair met at the butcher shop, and married after George completed his time in the military, FOX 29 in San Antonio reports. They then had three children.
According to KTLA the couple were both diagnosed with dementia, which continued to progress and George recently had a stroke.
Their love story reportedly came to a beautiful end less than a week after their 58th wedding anniversary when George died in his sleep, followed by his wife Ora Lee, just three hours later.
“We had them here at the house, in their hospital beds, right beside each other,” Corina added. “They were holding hands.”
Their other daughter Georgia Perez added, “My mother would always say that she was going to take my father or vice versa, and it did happen, we didn’t think it would, but it did.”
This article originally appeared on People.com
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases