Lena Dunham has taken to Instagram to call out the use of guns in the marketing for Jason Bourne.
Producer Tami Sagher, who worked with Dunham on Girls and produced the series How I Met Your Mother for three seasons, began the social media conversation, posting a photo of a Jason Bourne subway ad that had been altered to remove the character’s gun.
“Hey New Yorkers, what if we do some peeling and get rid of the guns in the Jason Bourne subway ads,” wrote Sagher on her post. “So tired of guns.” Dunham then voiced her support, sharing the photo and writing, “Good idea … Let’s go!”
Matt Damon, who plays the titular Jason Bourne in the gun-heavy action movie series, recently spoke out in favor of gun control while promoting the film in Sydney, Australia — a country that has strict gun laws. “You guys did it here in one fell swoop and I wish that could happen in my country, but it’s such a personal issue for people that we cannot talk about it sensibly,” Damon said.
Jason Bourne, the fifth installment in the series, opens July 29. Dunham and Sagher’s HBO series Girls heads into its final season in 2017.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization