Lindsay Lohan, whose most recent onscreen opuses ranged from The Canyons to Lifetime’s made-for-TV Elizabeth Taylor biopic, says that she could have had a different film fate. In the latest episode of her Oprah-produced reality television show, the wayward star talked about how she was almost cast in Marvel’s The Avengers.
Lohan said that since her manager didn’t “push” hard enough, her super secret role was given to an “unknown.”
This, of course, begs the question of who Lohan would have played in the likely blockbuster: there’s Pepper Potts, played by the recently “uncoupled” Gwyneth Paltrow. (Not an unknown.) There’s the Black Widow, played by Scarlett Johansson. (Definitely not unknown). And then there’s Agent Maria Hill, played by How I Met Your Mother’s Colbie Smulders. (Is this who Lilo is shading?)
The only other option was an unnamed NASA scientist played by Tina Benko. Not quite a leading role.
Lohan continued chronicling her casting concerns.
“If I don’t work in a film, he passes it to Vanessa Hudgens; [my manager] passes it one of his other clients,” Lohan said. “Every day I’m not on a film set, I’m wasting my talent because that’s what I was born, and live, to do.”
Maybe one day Lohan will fulfill the role she was born to play and finally be turned into an action figure. Perhaps this long-lost Lindsay Mattel doll needs a superhero revamp:
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World