Lindsay Lohan, whose most recent onscreen opuses ranged from The Canyons to Lifetime’s made-for-TV Elizabeth Taylor biopic, says that she could have had a different film fate. In the latest episode of her Oprah-produced reality television show, the wayward star talked about how she was almost cast in Marvel’s The Avengers.
Lohan said that since her manager didn’t “push” hard enough, her super secret role was given to an “unknown.”
This, of course, begs the question of who Lohan would have played in the likely blockbuster: there’s Pepper Potts, played by the recently “uncoupled” Gwyneth Paltrow. (Not an unknown.) There’s the Black Widow, played by Scarlett Johansson. (Definitely not unknown). And then there’s Agent Maria Hill, played by How I Met Your Mother’s Colbie Smulders. (Is this who Lilo is shading?)
The only other option was an unnamed NASA scientist played by Tina Benko. Not quite a leading role.
Lohan continued chronicling her casting concerns.
“If I don’t work in a film, he passes it to Vanessa Hudgens; [my manager] passes it one of his other clients,” Lohan said. “Every day I’m not on a film set, I’m wasting my talent because that’s what I was born, and live, to do.”
Maybe one day Lohan will fulfill the role she was born to play and finally be turned into an action figure. Perhaps this long-lost Lindsay Mattel doll needs a superhero revamp:
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time