Jerry Greer, the 19-year-old son of country singer and songwriter Craig Morgan, has been found dead in Humphreys County, Tennessee, after he was reported missing following a boating accident on the county’s Kentucky Lake.
People reports that Greer was reported missing on Sunday when he had an accident while tubing on the lake with another teen.
“It is with deep sadness that I am confirming the passing of Jerry Greer, son of country music entertainer Craig Morgan and wife Karen Greer,” a family representative told People in a statement Monday.
“The Humphreys County, Tennessee Sheriff’s Department recovered his body this evening after a search that began Sunday following a boating accident on Kentucky Lake in Tennessee,” the statement read. “A 2016 graduate of Dickson County High School, Jerry planned to play football for Marshall University in the fall.”
- Anti-Black Violence Has Long Been the Most Common American Hate Crime—And We Still Don't Know the Full Extent
- One Million Americans Have Died of COVID-19. Here Are Some of Their Stories
- The Buffalo Shooter Targeted a City Haunted by Segregation
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- The Ukrainian Musicians Fighting Russia Through Song
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Here's Who Won the 2022 TIME100 Reader Poll