It’s been a ride, but the world’s wait for useful robot technology is finally over now that it can be used to brew beer.
The firm IntelligentX is using an artificial intelligence system through a Facebook chat robot to brew beers based on customer feedback.
“Our AI, ABI, can have a conversation with all our customers, and that gives us the feedback that allows our beer to evolve,” said co-founder Dr. Rob McInerney, in the company’s first video. Drinkers simply tell the bot when any of their four beers — Amber AI, Black AI, Golden AI and Pale AI — aren’t up to scratch. This way, using automatic brewing intelligence, (what McInerney calls ABI for short), the computer makes its own informed decisions in order to tell a human master brewer how to tweak the flavor.
This isn’t the first time people have tried to use technology to advance drinking. The app Untappd lets people rate beers and see what their friends are drinking, and there’s even an Wi-Fi -enabled automatic brewer. The beers are available here.
Watch how it all works below.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023