It’s been a ride, but the world’s wait for useful robot technology is finally over now that it can be used to brew beer.
The firm IntelligentX is using an artificial intelligence system through a Facebook chat robot to brew beers based on customer feedback.
“Our AI, ABI, can have a conversation with all our customers, and that gives us the feedback that allows our beer to evolve,” said co-founder Dr. Rob McInerney, in the company’s first video. Drinkers simply tell the bot when any of their four beers — Amber AI, Black AI, Golden AI and Pale AI — aren’t up to scratch. This way, using automatic brewing intelligence, (what McInerney calls ABI for short), the computer makes its own informed decisions in order to tell a human master brewer how to tweak the flavor.
This isn’t the first time people have tried to use technology to advance drinking. The app Untappd lets people rate beers and see what their friends are drinking, and there’s even an Wi-Fi -enabled automatic brewer. The beers are available here.
Watch how it all works below.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy