It’s been a ride, but the world’s wait for useful robot technology is finally over now that it can be used to brew beer.
The firm IntelligentX is using an artificial intelligence system through a Facebook chat robot to brew beers based on customer feedback.
“Our AI, ABI, can have a conversation with all our customers, and that gives us the feedback that allows our beer to evolve,” said co-founder Dr. Rob McInerney, in the company’s first video. Drinkers simply tell the bot when any of their four beers — Amber AI, Black AI, Golden AI and Pale AI — aren’t up to scratch. This way, using automatic brewing intelligence, (what McInerney calls ABI for short), the computer makes its own informed decisions in order to tell a human master brewer how to tweak the flavor.
This isn’t the first time people have tried to use technology to advance drinking. The app Untappd lets people rate beers and see what their friends are drinking, and there’s even an Wi-Fi -enabled automatic brewer. The beers are available here.
Watch how it all works below.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears