Earlier Thursday, Obama said that “all Americans should be deeply troubled” by the shootings in a statement released by the White House.
“As a nation, we can and must do better to institute the best practices that reduce the appearance or reality of racial bias in law enforcement,” the President said.
Obama gave his remarks in Warsaw, Poland where he is attending his last NATO summit.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve