Earlier Thursday, Obama said that “all Americans should be deeply troubled” by the shootings in a statement released by the White House.
“As a nation, we can and must do better to institute the best practices that reduce the appearance or reality of racial bias in law enforcement,” the President said.
Obama gave his remarks in Warsaw, Poland where he is attending his last NATO summit.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time