The actress created a GoFundMe campaign on Wednesday, with the goal of raising $200,000 for Sterling’s five children. She’s since far surpassed the goal, with more than $390,000 in donations.
Rae initially tweeted about starting the scholarship fund on Wednesday, noting that, “Some of us feel helpless when these things happen, but that’s a small step.”
Later that day, Rae thanked her followers and tweeted that the campaign goal of $200,000 was met in just nine hours, with all the donations going to Sterling’s family.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow