“Expect big and little changes,” Hemsworth wrote in his latest Instagram post. He shared a picture of a regular old hammer, which fuels rumors that in the upcoming Marvel film, the God of Thunder will lose Mjolnir, a trusty magic mallet that only he can lift.
There’s been speculation that in the new film, directed by Taika Waititi, Thor gets a new weapon, or the U.S. Army will be protecting Thor’s mallet or that Surtur will be attacking other people in tights and capes like Asgard with weaponry created from the same mold as Thor’s mallet. Whatever. Something huge is happening with that huge hammer.
Cate Blanchett, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins and Tessa Thompson will also star in the movie, which hits theaters Nov. 3, 2017.
As of Thursday afternoon, Waititi provided confirmation that Thor’s mallet is indeed on the set of the movie. He took to Twitter in response to Hemsworth’s photo of a regular old hammer and shared a prank photo of the famous irremovable weapon on the toilet seat. Presumably, caresless Hemsworth left the ridiculously heavy weapon there. When you work with a forgetful Thor, inconvenient stuff like this happens.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time