“Expect big and little changes,” Hemsworth wrote in his latest Instagram post. He shared a picture of a regular old hammer, which fuels rumors that in the upcoming Marvel film, the God of Thunder will lose Mjolnir, a trusty magic mallet that only he can lift.
There’s been speculation that in the new film, directed by Taika Waititi, Thor gets a new weapon, or the U.S. Army will be protecting Thor’s mallet or that Surtur will be attacking other people in tights and capes like Asgard with weaponry created from the same mold as Thor’s mallet. Whatever. Something huge is happening with that huge hammer.
Cate Blanchett, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins and Tessa Thompson will also star in the movie, which hits theaters Nov. 3, 2017.
As of Thursday afternoon, Waititi provided confirmation that Thor’s mallet is indeed on the set of the movie. He took to Twitter in response to Hemsworth’s photo of a regular old hammer and shared a prank photo of the famous irremovable weapon on the toilet seat. Presumably, caresless Hemsworth left the ridiculously heavy weapon there. When you work with a forgetful Thor, inconvenient stuff like this happens.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms