“Expect big and little changes,” Hemsworth wrote in his latest Instagram post. He shared a picture of a regular old hammer, which fuels rumors that in the upcoming Marvel film, the God of Thunder will lose Mjolnir, a trusty magic mallet that only he can lift.
There’s been speculation that in the new film, directed by Taika Waititi, Thor gets a new weapon, or the U.S. Army will be protecting Thor’s mallet or that Surtur will be attacking other people in tights and capes like Asgard with weaponry created from the same mold as Thor’s mallet. Whatever. Something huge is happening with that huge hammer.
Cate Blanchett, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins and Tessa Thompson will also star in the movie, which hits theaters Nov. 3, 2017.
As of Thursday afternoon, Waititi provided confirmation that Thor’s mallet is indeed on the set of the movie. He took to Twitter in response to Hemsworth’s photo of a regular old hammer and shared a prank photo of the famous irremovable weapon on the toilet seat. Presumably, caresless Hemsworth left the ridiculously heavy weapon there. When you work with a forgetful Thor, inconvenient stuff like this happens.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.