“Expect big and little changes,” Hemsworth wrote in his latest Instagram post. He shared a picture of a regular old hammer, which fuels rumors that in the upcoming Marvel film, the God of Thunder will lose Mjolnir, a trusty magic mallet that only he can lift.
There’s been speculation that in the new film, directed by Taika Waititi, Thor gets a new weapon, or the U.S. Army will be protecting Thor’s mallet or that Surtur will be attacking other people in tights and capes like Asgard with weaponry created from the same mold as Thor’s mallet. Whatever. Something huge is happening with that huge hammer.
Cate Blanchett, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins and Tessa Thompson will also star in the movie, which hits theaters Nov. 3, 2017.
As of Thursday afternoon, Waititi provided confirmation that Thor’s mallet is indeed on the set of the movie. He took to Twitter in response to Hemsworth’s photo of a regular old hammer and shared a prank photo of the famous irremovable weapon on the toilet seat. Presumably, caresless Hemsworth left the ridiculously heavy weapon there. When you work with a forgetful Thor, inconvenient stuff like this happens.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This