Frank Ocean is toying with our emotions. After recently teasing that his long-anticipated album, Boys Don’t Cry, might be arriving in July via a photo post on his website, the reclusive singer was announced as a new face of Calvin Klein for its fall collections.
In a video campaign released on Wednesday, Ocean waxes eloquent about music and love.
“If you start to have it and keep it up for four or five weeks then you stop, you feel like you’re missing something in your day,” Ocean muses in the clip. “That’s what music is to me. It feels like a necessary act.”
Ocean then recites a lyrical series of phrases: “It takes a mind to worry; a conscious to feel ashamed. But there’s no place to hide out here; these skies are filled with planes.”
Ocean first teased his next album nearly a year ago, leaving fans to subsist on the maddening assurances of Chance the Rapper and James Blake that Ocean’s new music is even “better” than his earlier work.
Does this mean that a new album is finally on the way? Frank, if you have time to be in a Calvin Klein ad, we’re hoping that you also have the time to finish that album.
In the meantime, watch Frank Ocean procrastinate in the full clip below.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time