Frank Ocean is toying with our emotions. After recently teasing that his long-anticipated album, Boys Don’t Cry, might be arriving in July via a photo post on his website, the reclusive singer was announced as a new face of Calvin Klein for its fall collections.
In a video campaign released on Wednesday, Ocean waxes eloquent about music and love.
“If you start to have it and keep it up for four or five weeks then you stop, you feel like you’re missing something in your day,” Ocean muses in the clip. “That’s what music is to me. It feels like a necessary act.”
Ocean then recites a lyrical series of phrases: “It takes a mind to worry; a conscious to feel ashamed. But there’s no place to hide out here; these skies are filled with planes.”
Ocean first teased his next album nearly a year ago, leaving fans to subsist on the maddening assurances of Chance the Rapper and James Blake that Ocean’s new music is even “better” than his earlier work.
Does this mean that a new album is finally on the way? Frank, if you have time to be in a Calvin Klein ad, we’re hoping that you also have the time to finish that album.
In the meantime, watch Frank Ocean procrastinate in the full clip below.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List