The theme song of Taylor Swift’s favorite TV show just got a metal makeover. A new viral video gives Friends’ poppy theme song a metal twist and noted metal head Phoebe Buffay would be thrilled to know that it kind of works.
While Phoebe was a big fan of metal act Carcass, this hard grinding version comes courtesy of YouTube channel Frog Leap Studios and musician Leo Moracchioli, who sings the song almost as an ode to his Flying V guitar. Moracchioli channels his inner Ozzy Osbourne (or is that Oderus Urungus or Carcass’s lead singer Jeff Walker?) and lets loose with his take on the Rembrandts’ “I’ll Be There For You” complete with umbrella twirling and couch jumping.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up