Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump renewed criticism of a “rigged system” of government on Tuesday, after FBI Director James Comey recommended that no criminal case be brought against Hillary Clinton over her use of a personal email server as Secretary of State.
“Although there is evidence of potential violations, our judgement is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case,” Comey said. “We are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case.”
Trump responded immediately on Twitter.
“The system is rigged. General Petraeus got in trouble for far less. Very very unfair! As usual, bad judgment,” Trump posted .
“FBI director said Crooked Hillary compromised our national security. No charges. Wow! #RiggedSystem,” he added.
Other Republicans and conservative pundits echoed his disappointment, questioning Comey’s judgment and Clinton’s fitness for the presidency.
Other conservatives who have opposed Trump attacked Clinton, while arguing that Trump is ill-prepared to defeat her.
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk