Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump renewed criticism of a “rigged system” of government on Tuesday, after FBI Director James Comey recommended that no criminal case be brought against Hillary Clinton over her use of a personal email server as Secretary of State.
“Although there is evidence of potential violations, our judgement is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case,” Comey said. “We are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case.”
Trump responded immediately on Twitter.
“The system is rigged. General Petraeus got in trouble for far less. Very very unfair! As usual, bad judgment,” Trump posted .
“FBI director said Crooked Hillary compromised our national security. No charges. Wow! #RiggedSystem,” he added.
Other Republicans and conservative pundits echoed his disappointment, questioning Comey’s judgment and Clinton’s fitness for the presidency.
Other conservatives who have opposed Trump attacked Clinton, while arguing that Trump is ill-prepared to defeat her.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate