In a new video from Ad Council’s #WeAreAmerica campaign, the WWE star says that loving diversity is an essential component of loving America. “This year, patriotism shouldn’t just be about pride of country. It should be about love — love beyond age, disability, sexuality, race, religion, and any other labels,” Cena says. “Because the second any of us judge people based on those labels, we’re not really being patriotic, are we?…To love America is to love all Americans. Because love has no labels.”
Watch the full video above.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time