“Dishonest media is trying their absolute best to depict a star in a tweet as the Star of David rather than a Sheriff’s Star, or plain star!,” read a tweet posted on his official Twitter account Monday.
The original tweet — which has since been deleted — placed a red six-pointed star containing the words, “Most corrupt candidate ever,” next to a picture of Clinton over a background of $100 bills. It has been reported that the image had previously appeared on a message board associated with the white supremacist movement.
The presumptive Republican presidential nominee later replaced the post with an image featuring a circle rather than the star.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears