“Dishonest media is trying their absolute best to depict a star in a tweet as the Star of David rather than a Sheriff’s Star, or plain star!,” read a tweet posted on his official Twitter account Monday.
The original tweet — which has since been deleted — placed a red six-pointed star containing the words, “Most corrupt candidate ever,” next to a picture of Clinton over a background of $100 bills. It has been reported that the image had previously appeared on a message board associated with the white supremacist movement.
The presumptive Republican presidential nominee later replaced the post with an image featuring a circle rather than the star.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time