Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas have joined the ranks of musicians paying tribute to the victims of the Pulse nightclub shooting. During the Saturday stop of their “Future Now” tour, the two artists honored the 49 people who were killed in the June 12 tragedy, as well as The Voice finalist Christina Grimmie.
Following a group prayer, the duo — along with R&B singer Andra Day — performed an emotional rendition of Day’s song “Rise Up.”
“Got to pay tribute to the victims, survivors, and all those affected by the Pulse shooting in Orlando with two of my favorite people last night, @nickjonas and @ddlovato,” Day wrote on Instagram. “Thank you for having me. Orlando our prayers, love, and support are with you.”
Lovato and Jonas also made it possible for many of Pulse’s employees to attend the show for free. “Nick Jonas & Demi Lovato, thank you for making the pulse family smile,” the nightclub wrote on Facebook.
Watch the full tribute below.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart