Elie Wiesel, the Holocaust survivor who became an internationally acclaimed writer, activist and Nobel Peace Prize winner, died on July 2, 2016, at the age of 87. Wiesel was named as one of the Heroes & Pioneers of the 2006 TIME 100. Oprah Winfrey honored Wiesel in that issue below, under the headline “He Taught Us How to Answer Evil”:
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.