Christy Sheats, 42, had been on a downward “spiral” since the deaths of her mother and grandfather several years ago, her husband told investigators, according to a report in People. Recently she had taken medicine for depression and anxiety.
Sheats shot her daughters, 22-year-old Taylor and 17-year-old Madison, on June 24 after calling a family meeting ostensibly to talk about her impending divorce from her husband Jason, 45. She reportedly told her husband, “you made me do this.” Christy was shot and killed by police when they responded to the family’s home.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time