Christy Sheats, 42, had been on a downward “spiral” since the deaths of her mother and grandfather several years ago, her husband told investigators, according to a report in People. Recently she had taken medicine for depression and anxiety.
Sheats shot her daughters, 22-year-old Taylor and 17-year-old Madison, on June 24 after calling a family meeting ostensibly to talk about her impending divorce from her husband Jason, 45. She reportedly told her husband, “you made me do this.” Christy was shot and killed by police when they responded to the family’s home.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.