Christy Sheats, 42, had been on a downward “spiral” since the deaths of her mother and grandfather several years ago, her husband told investigators, according to a report in People. Recently she had taken medicine for depression and anxiety.
Sheats shot her daughters, 22-year-old Taylor and 17-year-old Madison, on June 24 after calling a family meeting ostensibly to talk about her impending divorce from her husband Jason, 45. She reportedly told her husband, “you made me do this.” Christy was shot and killed by police when they responded to the family’s home.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was