Lindsay Lohan has agreed to turn on the Christmas lights in the English town of Kettering, after she offended some there with Twitter commentary the night of the Brexit vote.
“#REMAIN Sorry, but #KETTERING where are you,” read one tweet implying that no one had heard of the town. It has since been deleted.
Philip Hollobone, the Member of Parliament for Kettering’s constituency, was so offended that he took up the issue in Parliament, going on to list Kettering’s accomplishments, according to the BBC.
Hollobone then invited Lohan to come to Kettering and perform the formal lighting of its Christmas decorations. The actress has since accepted the invitation via Twitter, telling the MP to “direct message” her.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time