Lindsay Lohan has agreed to turn on the Christmas lights in the English town of Kettering, after she offended some there with Twitter commentary the night of the Brexit vote.
“#REMAIN Sorry, but #KETTERING where are you,” read one tweet implying that no one had heard of the town. It has since been deleted.
Philip Hollobone, the Member of Parliament for Kettering’s constituency, was so offended that he took up the issue in Parliament, going on to list Kettering’s accomplishments, according to the BBC.
Hollobone then invited Lohan to come to Kettering and perform the formal lighting of its Christmas decorations. The actress has since accepted the invitation via Twitter, telling the MP to “direct message” her.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022