Lindsay Lohan has agreed to turn on the Christmas lights in the English town of Kettering, after she offended some there with Twitter commentary the night of the Brexit vote.
“#REMAIN Sorry, but #KETTERING where are you,” read one tweet implying that no one had heard of the town. It has since been deleted.
Philip Hollobone, the Member of Parliament for Kettering’s constituency, was so offended that he took up the issue in Parliament, going on to list Kettering’s accomplishments, according to the BBC.
Hollobone then invited Lohan to come to Kettering and perform the formal lighting of its Christmas decorations. The actress has since accepted the invitation via Twitter, telling the MP to “direct message” her.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving