Lindsay Lohan has agreed to turn on the Christmas lights in the English town of Kettering, after she offended some there with Twitter commentary the night of the Brexit vote.
“#REMAIN Sorry, but #KETTERING where are you,” read one tweet implying that no one had heard of the town. It has since been deleted.
Philip Hollobone, the Member of Parliament for Kettering’s constituency, was so offended that he took up the issue in Parliament, going on to list Kettering’s accomplishments, according to the BBC.
Hollobone then invited Lohan to come to Kettering and perform the formal lighting of its Christmas decorations. The actress has since accepted the invitation via Twitter, telling the MP to “direct message” her.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer