A Minnesota man allegedly used a machete to decapitate a man who he believed raped his girlfriend before throwing the victim’s head into the woods, according to a criminal complaint.
Joseph Thoresen, 35, faces a murder charge for the alleged attack last Tuesday after the torso and head of missing 20-year-old David Haiman was found over the weekend, CBS News reports. Thoresen’s girlfriend had told Thoresen that Haiman had sexually assaulted her, the complaint says.
Thoresen is accused of beating Haiman with a baseball bat, stabbing him, then using a machete to decapitate him, the news station said. He then allegedly dragged Haiman’s torso and threw his head into the woods, according to the complaint obtained by CBS Minnesota.
Thoresen faces up to 40 years in prison if convicted.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up