There’s nothing ironic about a pregnant Alanis Morissette taking a refreshing dip in the pool!
The expectant singer-songwriter, 42, took to Instagram Wednesday to post a serene underwater shot of herself. In the photo, a nude Morissette is submerged in a pool, her baby bump clearly the star of the show.
“You have to be extra gentle around ladies because they are the most helpful people in the world ’cause they make persons,” reads the caption — an adorable quote the soon-to-be mom of two then attributes to her 5½-year-old son Ever Imre.
Morissette announced the happy news personally on her website via a video and song that ended with Ever looking at his soon-to-arrive sibling’s ultrasound photos.
“The story of my nuclear family in moving pictures, brings us up to this sweet moment,” she wrote to accompany the video. “May this song take on ever-deepening meaning as each year goes by.”
And it seems this newest photo is just one example of how the singer, who is also a big advocate of attachment parenting, likes to live her life — namely, listening to what her body needs.
“Ultimately, what once served as a way to relieve unwanted pain becomes the mechanism through which we remain perpetually estranged from ourselves,”she wrote in January. “And the havoc that this lack of self-intimacy and self-knowledge can create permeates every area of our life.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization