Welcome mats don’t come much worse than New York City’s La Guardia, where roofs leak, security lines drag, and food options are scant. Last year, the average departure delay was over an hour. Vice President Joe Biden compared it to “a third-world country.” Fortunately for travelers, a $4 billion overhaul is under way.
This appears in the July 11, 2016 issue of TIME.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy