Ghostbusters star Leslie Jones took to Twitter Tuesday to call out designers who said “no thanks” to dressing her for the movie’s premiere.
But Christian Siriano was up for it. “I love Leslie and can’t wait to make her something fabulous to wear. I dress and support women of all ages and sizes,” Siriano told TIME in an e-mail.
“It’s so funny that designers don’t want to dress me,” Jones wrote earlier on Tuesday. “Hmmm that will change and I remember everything,” she added. Christian Siriano responded to the Saturday Night Live star’s post with emojis, and later confirmed with TIME that he will create a dress for her.
Siriano has achieved lasting success after winning Project Runway, and he’s frequently dressed different actresses with all different body types — like Danielle Brooks, Christina Hendricks, and Sarah Hyland — in his red carpet gowns.
Jones’ Ghostbusters co-star, Melissa McCarthy has been in a similar predicament before, telling Redbook that designers weren’t keen to dress her for the Oscars.
Ghostbusters hits theaters July 15th.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science