A woman is suspected of killing a man in a hit-and-run while driving under the influence. She apparently continued to drive for a mile after hitting the victim while he was still lodged inside her vehicle.
Twenty-nine-year-old Esteysi Sanchez Izazaga, who goes by Stacy Sanchez, was seen to drive up onto a sidewalk in Oceanside, Calif. early on Monday morning, and she hit an apparently random pedestrian. Because she was driving at a high speed the man (who has not been identified) plunged through her windshield and became lodged in her passenger seat, NBC San Diego reports. Sanchez continued driving for a mile before parking in a cul-de-sac and walking away. Police soon arrested her nearby.
Sanchez was charged with felony DUI, felony hit-and-run and vehicular manslaughter.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.