House Speaker Paul Ryan said in a new interview that Republicans will not “tolerate” another sit-in by congressional Democrats after last week’s day-long protest drew widespread attention to the party’s push for new gun control measures.
“We will not take this,” Ryan said during an interview with the local television station WISN. “We will not tolerate this.”
Ryan did not give specifics on how Republicans would stop a new sit-in in, but said it would be handled a different way a second time around. Last week Ryan called the sit-in a “publicity stunt” and a “low moment for the people’s house.”
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This