House Speaker Paul Ryan said in a new interview that Republicans will not “tolerate” another sit-in by congressional Democrats after last week’s day-long protest drew widespread attention to the party’s push for new gun control measures.
“We will not take this,” Ryan said during an interview with the local television station WISN. “We will not tolerate this.”
Ryan did not give specifics on how Republicans would stop a new sit-in in, but said it would be handled a different way a second time around. Last week Ryan called the sit-in a “publicity stunt” and a “low moment for the people’s house.”
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was