Psychologists and parenting experts have long stressed the important role that boredom plays for kids as a conduit to creativity. Boredom begets day dreaming and expanses of free time allow those daydreams to become realities. Like this group of creatives who dreamed of filling an above ground pool with Coca Cola and dumping in a bunch of Mentos for a caffeinated and undoubtedly sticky DIY tub. So they did it, and posted the whole thing on YouTube to help other bored kids wile away the hours.
After filling the pool with 1,500 gallons of Coke (or a camera-ready facsimile), the filmmakers poured in the Mentos, and ice and convinced Ryan, one of their stalwart crew members, to jump into their refreshing beverage pool. “I feel like I’m in a pool of Coke, man,” Ryan said in an accurate assessment of the situation.
To further stave off potential boredom, the “bros” then flew a drone straight into the pool, because why not, right? It’s summer after all. Watch below.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up