The 29-year-old actress had strong feelings about Thursday’s Brexit vote and live-tweeted the results as they came in, while invoking fashion and free trade as rationale for the U.K. to remain in the E.U. Some wondered if Lohan’s account was hacked, but the actress assured followers that wasn’t the case.
However, after her side lost the vote, she mysteriously deleted all tweets relating to Brexit from her timeline, save for a retweet of Lily Allen that urges voters to “Vote Remain.”
Thankfully, not all evidence of her British politico moment has disappeared; Lohan’s cryptic Instagram that urges her followers to “#besmart pay attention and work hard to buy @chanelofficial #remain where’s Sunderland? Does Sarah Palin live there? Lol” still exists, a small vestige of a possibly brilliant political career.
A representative for Lohan said she won’t be commenting further.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma