Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton.
Asked Friday on MSNBC’s Morning Joe whether he will vote for Clinton in November, Sanders said, “Yes,” Politico reports.
“I think the issue right here is I’m gonna do everything I can to defeat Donald Trump,” the Vermont senator continued.
Sanders has not yet formally ended his campaign, and on Thursday he vowed to keep the “political revolution” going to the Democratic convention, where he will likely bargain for platform changes. “The platform that comes out of the Democratic convention will be by far the most progressive platform in the history of the Democratic Party,” he said.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism