Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton.
Asked Friday on MSNBC’s Morning Joe whether he will vote for Clinton in November, Sanders said, “Yes,” Politico reports.
“I think the issue right here is I’m gonna do everything I can to defeat Donald Trump,” the Vermont senator continued.
Sanders has not yet formally ended his campaign, and on Thursday he vowed to keep the “political revolution” going to the Democratic convention, where he will likely bargain for platform changes. “The platform that comes out of the Democratic convention will be by far the most progressive platform in the history of the Democratic Party,” he said.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now