The share of the world’s refugees in 2015 who were under the age of 18. The UNHCR reported a record 98,400 asylum requests from unaccompanied or separated minors.
The number of claims for asylum submitted in the U.S., the second largest total in 2015 after Germany. The majority fled organized crime, gang violence and cartel activity.
The number of refugees who gained citizenship in 2015 in 28 countries. Some 25,900 were in Canada, which accounted for 81% of the naturalizations last year.
This appears in the July 04, 2016 issue of TIME.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve