Rodney Sumter, who was shot three times during the Pulse night club shooting earlier this month, posted a photo on Instagram showing the former NFL quarterback and Heisman trophy winner smiling and cupping his hand inside Sumter’s Orlando Regional Medical Center room. “My high school quarterback left the Bahamas to come and see me,” he wrote. “Tebow has always been an awesome person.”
The two played together at Ponte Vedra Beach Nease High in Florida, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
Sumter also received a visit Wednesday from Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston. He told his Instagram followers that he and Winston were “going to run routes and throw the ball” after he recovers. “Awesome guy,” Sumter wrote.
Other famous visitors included baseball player Johnny Damon and Brazilian professional soccer player Ricardo Kaka.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World