Rodney Sumter, who was shot three times during the Pulse night club shooting earlier this month, posted a photo on Instagram showing the former NFL quarterback and Heisman trophy winner smiling and cupping his hand inside Sumter’s Orlando Regional Medical Center room. “My high school quarterback left the Bahamas to come and see me,” he wrote. “Tebow has always been an awesome person.”
The two played together at Ponte Vedra Beach Nease High in Florida, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
Sumter also received a visit Wednesday from Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston. He told his Instagram followers that he and Winston were “going to run routes and throw the ball” after he recovers. “Awesome guy,” Sumter wrote.
Other famous visitors included baseball player Johnny Damon and Brazilian professional soccer player Ricardo Kaka.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating