Hot on the heels of the announcement that Darth Vader will be making an appearance in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, it has been confirmed that Forest Whitaker will be playing Rebel fighter Saw Gerrera in the upcoming spinoff.
The 54-year-old actor — who provided the foreboding voiceover, “What will you do when they catch you? What will you do if they break you? If you continue to fight…what will you become?,” in the film’s teaser trailer — will make his galaxy far, far, away debut as a hardened version of the The Clone Wars animated series character, according to Entertainment Weekly.
“Consider him kind of a battered veteran who leads a band of Rebel extremists” Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy told EW. “He’s on the fringe of the Rebel Alliance. Even [they] are a little concerned about him.”
Rogue One is set to hit theaters Dec. 16.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time