Idris Elba doesn’t need to be the new James Bond: he’s already an international man of mystery — and many talents. Before making it big as an actor in favorites like The Wire, he was deep into house music (he’s gone by DJ names like DJ Dris and Big Driis before). He’s remixed for The Jungle Book soundtrack, he’s rapped on a Skepta track and now he’s given us the first single off of his new major music project, Hiatus.
The song, “Spectacle,” is a serious house jam; no melodic chorus to sing along to here, folks. But the beat is certainly catchy, and as one review site calls it, it’s a “stomper.”
Now, can you imagine a Bond who moonlights as a DJ? That would certainly be a fresh twist in the spy story. Just saying.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at firstname.lastname@example.org