U.K.-based fitness blogger Tiffany Brien shares lots of flawless bikini photos on her social media pages, but she recently gave her followers a “reality check” by sharing an unflattering photo of her bloated belly on Facebook.
“No I’m not 6 months pregnant. It’s just my food baby,” posted Brien, along with side-by-side images of her stomach looking enlarged and flat. “These two photos are 12 hours apart, left before bed and right when I woke up.”
Brien wanted to show her followers that Instagram and Facebook only show an edited version of someone’s life.
“We are not all what we seem on social media,” continued her post. “I thought I would share a bad day with you to show you nobody is ‘perfect’ and it is ok to have an off day where your body just decides to not play ball. Don’t worry girls, it happens to the best of us, all part and parcel of being a female! It is a delightful cocktail of lack of sleep, stress, hormones and food intolerances. A mixture for a whole lotta bloat.”
The blogger goes on to say that despite how perfect she appears in her usual posts, there are many things in her life she needs to work on.
“I am in no way perfect,” wrote Brien. “In fact I am miles away from being a role model when it comes to looking after myself fully in this sense. We all have our areas of weakness. I know what I am doing wrong and I know how to fix it but it is actually implementing it into your lifestyle that’s the tough bit. I am trying extremely hard to sleep more, relax more and eat right (not less, just right) and I am definitely seeing improvement and will share tips and photos as I go.”
“Yes it gets me down when this happens,” she continued. “No there’s nothing I can immediately do about it. But you can aid it and eventually overcome it.”
This article originally appeared on People.com
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement