A bounce house being rented for some birthday party fun was carried away by a gust of wind Saturday, colliding with power lines as a result.
The incident was filmed by family members at the birthday party in Niagara County, N.Y., where a partygoer rightly predict that the inflatable house would crash into nearby power lines. The bounce house — no one was inside — set of a few sparks.
National Grid workers removed the bounce house from the line Saturday, temporarily shutting off the power.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating