Priyanka Chopra was recently named Maxim India’s ‘Hottest Woman in The World,’ but her celebration came to a pit stop when people began complaining that her magazine cover was overly photoshopped. Apparently, the Quantico star was sporting too-smooth-to-be-true armpits.
The ‘Armpitgate’ debate began shortly after Chopra posted a photo of the cover to Instagram. The post now has over 2,500 comments, many of which accuse the star and Maxim of using Photoshop. “Beautiful PC! But Barbie dolls armpits…too Photoshopped!!” one user commented, according to People.
Instead of addressing the comments head-on, Chopra tweeted a subtle but sharp comeback. “Heres [sic] another ‘pit-stopping’ picture to add to the debate,” she said, captioning a photo of herself with her arms up, with the hashtags#WillTheRealArmpitPleaseStandUp and #armpitdiaries.
The TIME 100 honoree has bigger things to worry about than her armpits—like landing the next Bond role—so it seems as though she’ll keep the controversy at arm’s length.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief